Member Benefits Include:
Together, we are planting the seeds for success.
We have partnered with Greenius, North America's leading training software for landscape professionals, giving MNLA members access to high-quality landscape
training focused on safety and employee development at a significant savings.
Must follow our unique referral link to receive MNLA member savings.
We have negotiated additional cost-savings for MNLA members with Landscape Management Network (LMN), an industry-leading business management software. This partnership gives MNLA members access to:
• Certification -The Certified Plant Professional (CPP) Program was created jointly with the Idaho Nursery & Landscape Association (INLA) to distinguish those individuals having special, practical expertise in plant materials. The certification test has two components, a written, multiple choice exam and a plant identification exam. The two components may be taken separately or at the same time, and each component is typically offered together in the fall and winter. To be certified, individuals must pass both portions of the test.
• Scholarships - MNLA generally offers more than $2,000 in scholarships each year which are available to Juniors, Seniors, Graduate students, and members pursuing relevant horticultural education programs. Applications may be made by sophomores for grants to be awarded for the Junior year. Scholarships will be considered for vo-tech, community college programs and short courses on an individual basis and are available to any current Active Montana Nursery & Landscape Association member or his/her immediate family member enrolled in a horticulture-related or other degree college education program.
• Referrals - MNLA is a primary source of referrals for the Montana horticulture industry. We advertise our phone number to the public and encourage individuals and businesses seeking horticultural services in Montana to use the Association to identify member businesses and Certified Plant Professionals (CPPs). We do not make referrals to non-members. We make referrals based upon the information members provide annually about their operations and the crops they sell or grow wholesale.
• Promotion of Ethical Industry Practices & Standards - MNLA works to distinguish Montana’s horticulture industry by working to promote and support ethical business and horticultural practices and standards.
• Discounted Educational and Marketing Materials - MNLA offers educational materials for industry professionals as well as industry customers to MNLA members at discounted rates. We’re committed to helping you succeed in business.• Website - Much information about the Association and its activities, as well as industry resources are readily available to members, night or day, with a few mouse clicks here at MNLA’s official website. We also host a plant catalog that list Montana-specific growth habits on our www.plantsomethingmontana.com website. Consumers are able to search for local MNLA members on both websites; this is a tremendous tool that puts consumers in contact with reputable MNLA member companies in their area.
• Legislative Representation - when needed, MNLA will lobby at the state level for legislation favoring the horticulture industry in Montana. At the national level we are represented by a legislative specialist on staff at the AmericanHort in Washington, D.C. During the COVID-19 stay-at-home orders, we fought to have the Nursery and Landscape industries deemed essential - keeping the doors of green industry businesses open throughout the shut-down. This representation, and the work of the team at MNLA, allowed our industry to remain open and operate through what became one of the busiest seasons in recent history. We will continue to advocate for our members, and the industry as a whole, to allow our members to continue on offering the goods and services that keep this industry vibrant.
• Horticultural Industry Events - (Conventions-Seminars-Tours-Trade Show)
MNLA holds the Montana Green Expo convention each year, in early January. Nationally recognized experts are invited to address a wide range of topics covering both horticulture and business management interests. From time to time MNLA also holds regional seminars on subjects of special interest. MNLA members receive a substantial discount on registration fees for all conventions and seminars. Each year a Fall Tour is scheduled to allow members an opportunity to visit horticultural related businesses and projects in Montana.
• Research - MNLA is a regular contributor to research projects which benefit Montana’s horticulture industry. Currently, these include the Missoula County Extension Program and horticultural projects of Future Farmers of America – Montana Chapter.
• Use of the MNLA logo for Business Promotion - MNLA will provide members with MNLA logos for use in advertising and on business collateral (business cards, letterhead, etc) free of charge. It is a great way to differentiate your business.
• Membership Certificate - Each MNLA member receives a membership certificate upon joining the Association. The certificate is suitable for framing. Many members display their certificate in their offices or retail centers to let customers know that they are members of a state trade association. For the public, Association membership often distinguishes businesses due to the higher standards and professionalism required for Association membership.
• Window Decal - MNLA members are provided with an attractive window decal suitable for display on company vehicles or on business doors. Additional decals are available to members at a nominal price.