We are a 30-year old landscape company based in Helena, Montana. We offer our employees a high degree of flexibility, including job tailoring and winters off, with eligibility for job-attached unemployment assistance. Our people-first staffing approach has created an experienced and tight-knit group of employees that care deeply about what we do and who we are.
The Company: Gardenwerks is a family-owned and operated full-service landscape design-build company and retail garden center. We enjoy a high degree of visibility and recognition within our community and are known for our attention to quality and detail, our long-term client and customer relationships, our love of plants and a commitment to creating beautiful and sustainable outdoor spaces.
- For 30 years, Gardenwerks has been the gold standard for residential and commercial landscapes in Helena.
- We believe in ecologically-positive practices and prioritize those projects that are low-water use, place and size lawn areas appropriately, will create high plant biodiversity and use native plants, grasses and site restoration, where necessary.
- After one year of employment, we offer several benefits including a company phone plan, health-savings account and an IRA option.
The Position: We’re looking for an experienced Landscape Foreman to oversee residential landscape renovations and new installs. Pay starts at $17-$25/hour, depending on experience. Working with the designer, this position may require some involvement in bidding/sales, materials procurement and ordering, project scheduling and client communication.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in landscape installation (including site preparation, hardscapes or rock work, plantings, irrigation, etc.), construction or a related field
- Ability to operate machinery including skid steer, mini-excavator and truck/trailer
- Good communication skills
- Creativity and an eye for design and detailing
- Ability to perform outdoor physical labor
- Pre-construction site visits and review of project plans
- Review project estimates
- Project scheduling and materials procurement/ordering, at times
- Project oversight during install
- Budget monitoring and assistance with invoicing
- Post-completion follow-up
The Location: It’s nearly unanimous that Helena is a great place to live. It is centrally located within our large state and it offers many recreational opportunities, both close to home and in every direction out. Its local trail access is the best in Montana and we boast multiple lakes and rivers within an easy drive. As the capital of Montana, it is the home of many state departments, agencies and government contractors, however housing is still relatively affordable, when compared to faster-growing markets in Montana.
Direct resumes and questions to Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-616-2847.